Kana Nootenboom // M.S., LMFT, Clinical Director
Hi, I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Henderson, Nevada. I specialize in working with individuals with anxiety and depression, couples with communication and trust issues and children struggling with anxiety and depression and behavioral issues.
I am a certified facilitator of Prepare and Enrich premarital and couples program. I am also a certified EMDR therapist and help those who have suffered any kind of trauma. I am a Christian Counselor who is licensed in Nevada and California. You do not have to be a Christian to see me. To schedule your first session with me, call or text our Counseling Center at (702) 716-0908 or click here.
- M.A. // Vanguard University - Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy
- B.A. // New York University
- Facilitator of Prepare Enrich Premarital and Marital Assessment
- EMDR Therapy
- Sandtray Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- How We Love Attachment Styles Therapy
- Dialectal Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy CBT
- State of Nevada License Marriage and Family Therapy #01435
- State of California License Marriage and Family Therapy #94047
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) - Clinical Member
California Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT) - Clinical Member
For all sessions: Please download the necessary forms below (all first sessions require an "Intake and Consent Form") and email completed forms to [email protected] as soon as possible to confirm your appointment time.
Please note: You will need to download and digitally sign the necessary forms using Acrobat Reader. To download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free, click here.
All new clients must complete the following form before the first session: Intake and Consent Form
If client is a minor: Consent to treat a Minor
If you would like me to coordinate care with another provider (for example, your psychiatrist, primary care physician, etc.), complete this form to authorize release of psychotherapy information: Release of Information Form
$200 per sessions for children, individuals, couples and families.
Sliding scale is provided upon request.
I am considered an out of network provider and can give you a superbill (receipt) to submit to your insurance for reimbursement. If you have PPO/POS insurance, your services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Do I have out of network mental health coverage?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment.
For the initial session, a $50 fee will be charged if cancellation is not given to your therapist within 24-hours of the session start time. After the initial session, your therapist allows one (1) free missed session per year without the 24-hour notice. Please give a 24-hour cancellation notice to avoid being charged a full session fee for subsequent missed appointments.