Kana Nootenboom // M.S., LMFT, Clinical Director
Hi, I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Henderson, Nevada. I specialize in working with individuals with anxiety and depression, couples with communication and trust issues and children struggling with anxiety and depression and behavioral issues.
I am a certified facilitator of Prepare and Enrich premarital and couples program. I am also a certified EMDR therapist and help those who have suffered any kind of trauma. I am a Christian Counselor who is licensed in Nevada and California. You do not have to be a Christian to see me. To schedule your first session with me, call or text our Counseling Center at (702) 716-0908 or click here.
- M.A. // Vanguard University - Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy
- B.A. // New York University
- Facilitator of Prepare Enrich Premarital and Marital Assessment
- EMDR Therapy
- Sandtray Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- How We Love Attachment Styles Therapy
- Dialectal Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy CBT
- State of Nevada License Marriage and Family Therapy #01435
- State of California License Marriage and Family Therapy #94047
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) - Clinical Member
California Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT) - Clinical Member
$250 per sessions for children, individuals, couples and families.
Sliding scale is provided upon request, and when available.
I am considered an out of network provider and can give you a superbill (receipt) to submit to your insurance for reimbursement. If you have PPO/POS insurance, your services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Do I have out of network mental health coverage?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment.
For the initial session, a $25 fee will be charged if cancellation is not given to your therapist within 24-hours of the session start time. After the initial session, your therapist allows one (1) free missed session per year without the 24-hour notice. Please give a 24-hour cancellation notice to avoid being charged a full session fee for subsequent missed appointments.